Upcoming Adult Mental Health First Aid Courses
(clicking on one of the links below will take you to the registration form)
Adult MHFA Course Overview:
- This training is offered by Dunn County Partnership for Youth
- Offered to community members age 18 and up that live or work in Dunn County, Wisconsin
- 6-hour course: designed to give participants the tools to respond and assist adult individuals experiencing mental health issues until professional help arrives
- Materials are provided online or in-person
- Pre-registration is required 2 weeks prior to the course date
- Self-paced online training must be completed 2 weeks prior to the course date
- Course size is limited to 25 per course and any cancellations
*Please note that courses having less than 5 participants are subject to cancellation.
*Please note that there are no CEUs offered for this course but there is a certification of attendance offered upon completion of attending the course and completing the evaluation.
Mental Health First Aid USA is listed in the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices (NREPP).
For more information or questions please contact the DCPFY MHFA Coordinator – Kathy Asper at [email protected]
“Just as CPR helps you assist an individual having a heart attack, Mental Health First Aid helps you assist someone experiencing a mental health or substance use-related crisis. In the Mental Health First Aid course, you learn risk factors and warning signs for mental health and addiction concerns, strategies for how to help someone in both crisis and non-crisis situations, and where to turn for help.”
For more details about the content of this course, visit the official website here.